Program of Study
The Certificate of Specialized Study in Water Management & Leadership – Intermediate Level aims to meet the need to recruit and educate the next generation of water industry managers and leaders. This certification will provide recognition of educational achievement. Many constituents of the water industry have expressed concern over the disproportionate numbers of water industry professionals retiring in the coming years. This “silver tsunami” is impacting the entire state and the nation. Water agencies, professionals and regulators across the region have expressed concern over the impact of the loss of knowledge and leadership with the large scale retirement of technical, managerial and executive personnel.
The Certificate of Specialized Study of Water Management and Leadership – Intermediate Level program requires successful completion of courses that combine into 12-semester unit Certificate. The classes have been developed and will be taught by water management faculty members on campus and practicing water management professionals in the region. Each class is designed to engage students by integrating theories and real world applications.
Admission and Application Requirements
- At least one of the following:
- Possession of a Grade II or higher water or wastewater related technical certification issued by the state of California plus at least two (2) years in a supervisory capacity at a retail, wholesale or regional water/wastewater utility or a related public-entity regulatory or planning agency; or,
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited college plus at least five (5) years in a supervisory capacity at a retail or wholesale water/wastewater utility or a related public-entity regulatory or planning agency; or,
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Submission of the online WTRMI Program Application (http://www.csusm.edu/el/certificateprograms/bpdev/watermgmt/index.html)
• Submission of current resume
• Hard copy transcripts from all colleges and universities attended and mail them to:
California State University San Marcos
Extended Learning/Attn: Student Services/WTRMI Program
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd., San Marcos, CA 92096